Wednesday 11 March 2009

PlayTown Mats™



Over the last few months I've been working through my US agent, The July Group, to develop illustrations for PlayTown Mats™, a Main Street Gardens brand of children’s play mats.

I really loved working on them as they are exactly what I used to draw as a kid, whole towns and cities with roads I'd drive my matchbox cars around all fully illustrated in wonky lines and crazy buildings. So it was great to finally create fully realised versions of what I had as a kid. The great thing about them is that they all interconnect so you can potentially fill a room with a selection of different mats and drive your cars all over them.

I'm working on five different mats at the moment but these are the first two that have been produced and are now on sale. Looking forward to testing them on my nephew Billy, lord of the toy cars.

7 comments:

Deirdre said...

They look so familiar Chris, I well remember you spending hours drawing layouts for yourself and Simon. I'm sure Billy would love one.

Paddy said...

They look fantastic. That was a great coup.

Andrew Judge said...

Brilliant! I'm ordering one now!

Andrew Judge said...

They seem to be on wholesale only. Do you know if they are on sale on any website?

Ciara Brehony said...

AGH THESE ARE BRILLIANT!!!!! I love them! Oh Billy will love these without doubt.

Where can we buy them??? We want one!

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! I forgot I even used to have mats like these! They look the business, Chris. I'm getting one!!

Chris Judge said...

Thanks everyone! I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the actual mats.